Challenges
We have had instances where scammers have pretended to be one of the priests from War Room inviting people to a prayer session. They send the codes and ask the members to enter the code in their phones only for their whatsapp to be hacked. We always remind people that in War Room we do all our communications in the group and none of us makes direct or personal calls to anyone unless they themselves initiate the call, but still some members fall victim.
This year due to the high traffic on our phones, some of our generals had their whatsapp suspended or blocked for 24 hrs by whatsapp fearing that it was a scam.
Mass with the bishop
In the past three years we introduced a new aspect; having the bishop celebrate Mass for us. Bp José Luis IMC has always been available to lead us in this celebration and the soldiers are always looking forward to having Mass with the bishop. This Mass has always been on the 30th of August but this year we had it on the 31st of August as a closing Mass for War Room 7.
End of the Journey
At the end of the journey, we open the groups to allow members to share their experiences, give their suggestions, say their goodbyes and then people are free to leave at will. In the end, everyone is then taken out and the groups closed. Every year we open a new group and do new admission. It is not automatic that those who participated this year will automatically be added next year, every year each person makes a personal request to be part of the journey.
Feedback from participants
Along the journey and mostly on Sundays we share the testimonies from members. This is meant to encourage and give hope to the members so that those who feel discouraged may find comfort and hope from the sharings of others. Here below are a select few of the feedback from the members:
Hallo Fr. The Exodus night was so so Powerful.I felt the presence of God. I became so emotional, I was in tears that I couldn't control. Today my greatest desire was to go for Confession and I still found myself crying during Confession.I feel deeply freed from bondage. My life has just been transformed and renewed. I really feel different. I'm so much at Peace. My worries and my fears have been taken off.I thank God for this experience. Thanks to you all the Priests in War room 7 for making this journey with us
Fr Francis Onyango IMC
