Celebrating the Word of God


"Fernando Armellini is an Italian missionary and biblical scholar. With his permission we have begun translating his Sunday reflections on the three readings from the original Italian into English."

Got an email last week with this information and I felt it was worth sharing it. I have never met Fr Armellini but we wrote to each other once. 

Fernando Armellini is an Italian missionary and biblical scholar. Though now based in Italy, he worked in Mozambique in the past. He published (I think) three books called "Celebrating the Word" (Year A, Year B and Year C). They bring comment to the Sunday readings in Italian which I have been following for a number of years. 

One day, Fr Mel Loftus OSM, told me the lay leaders of the Mtubatuba Parish had asked for copies of the book in English to get help to prepare themselves to lead the Sunday priest-less celebration. I somehow found his email address and let him know about it. 

I also shared with him my joy as his courses in Italian were freely available on the web on MP3 though our internet connection would not allow them to download them easily. A month later I received all his courses on DVDs he had prepared for me. Spending plenty of time traveling, they became a source of ongoing formation. 

His Sunday reflections can now be found in:


Enjoy them!