The seminarians of the Vicariate of Ingwavuma


Bhungane Radebe, Gcina Ngubane, Khethani Manqele (from left to right) are now completing their their and final year of philosophy. In their case, this means having done already five years in the seminary. They started in 2009. They were sent to Port Elizabeth for a first year of introduction and then continued in Cape Town in 2010. Since 2011 they are at St John Vianney (the national seminary of the Southern African Catholic Bishops' Conference) in Pretoria. 

Twice a year I try to visit them at the seminary for a few hours. We meet together and then I have some time with each one of them. This allows me to know better their personal journey but also to know each other better as one day they will be the diocesan priests of our Vicariate.

The gathering always finishes with eating something together outside the seminary. A tradition that was started before I arrived and, I guess, will never change!