St Constantine Parish (Tjaneni, Swaziland)


Sunday morning I visited St Constantine Parish at Tjaneni (Swaziland). As I do in the Vicariate of Ingwavuma, I only announce my visit to the Parish priest but not to the people so that nothing is prepared to welcome the Bishop. In this case, I am the Apostolic Administrator and not the residential Bishop of the Diocese. 


Tjaneni is situated in northern Swaziland, about 100 km from Manzini, near the borders with South Africa and Mozambique. The parish has eight outstations Lomahasha, Mafucula, Mhlume, Ngomane, Sihhoye, Simunye, Tambankulu and Vuvulane.

I was "warmly" welcomed by Fr Jabulani Goodman Dlamini and Ncamiso Vilakati one of the diocesan seminarians who has just been admitted to be ordained deacon at the end of September.

The warm welcome was also fruit of the warm weather of the area during winter. Summer's temperatures reach 42 degrees. 

Before Mass I found some children preparing for Mass reflecting on the Sunday's gospel.